Haiti Mission Trip
Haitian Orphanage - School Being Restored
The Julia Project's Haiti mission trip to Vignier, Haiti, will be from October 27, 2010 to November 3, 2010.
We have a team of eight volunteers giving their time and resources to help complete the restoration of the school/orphanage building that was badly damaged in the Haiti earthquake of January 12, 2010.
Mission Trip Work - What's Our Part?During our Haiti mission trip, our team will specifically be involved with local Haitian workers to install electric fans and wiring, to do plaster work, and painting at the Haitian orphanage school.
What's Your Part?This written by a team member says is best.
"Investing in education in Haiti is key to providing long-term help. Empowering children in Haiti through education will equip an independent people to reconstruct their own country from the inside out - which will continue to offer sustainable hope long after we've left.
We would simply like to present you with the chance to be a small part of a bigger picture by asking you to donate to help rebuild one school.
One school, with a handful of Haitian children who need the opportunity to learn and grow into the future Haiti needs to recover from such a devastating event."
Trip BlogWhen we travel to Haiti, keep informed of our trip through the daily blog that one of our team members is hosting, complete with photos and details. Go to
Haiti mission trip blog
to get connected and keep informed while we're away.
Changing LivesWe will be working alongside of Benite Jeune during our Haiti mission trip. Directly so, during our time in Haiti, and indirectly later from home, with financial support as funds allow.
Benite, who was born and raised in Haiti, was able to attend Bible college in Canada, where he received a vision to return to his people in an effort to bring spiritual, social, and economic change to the Haitian people.
Along with his wife, Michaelle, they together run R.I.S.E. Haiti Int. (formerly called Changing Lives Ministries Int). in Vignier, Haiti.
Their Vision For Haitian ChildrenR.I.S.E. Haiti Int. has a strong vision to empower and equip young people to become leaders, to have hope in a seemingly hopeless environment, and to take a responsible part in bringing about social, spiritual, and economic change to the Haitian people.
Trip ExpensesWe have been absolutely blessed by WestJet Community Services, who have donated flights from Toronto to Miami for the entire team.
- We now need to get the team from Miami to Port au Prince, Haiti, and back again on November 3 to make our connecting flight home with WestJet.
- We'll have travel expenses from the airport to Vignier, and while we're there, getting the team to the compound each day.
- The team will need to pay for hotel rooms at a town that's about 20 minutes from Vignier. Normally, Pastor Benite could billet teams when they come. However, due to the earthquake damage, there is no safe place available right now.
- We want to bring in supplies, such as clothing, flip flops, school supplies and copy books, tools, painting supplies, and wiring supplies. All of these will be extra baggage that the team will have to pay for.
- We want to to meet Benite's most asked for donation of medical teaching models for the school. We are appealing to doctors, teaching hospitals, Rotary Clubs, and anyone who might like to help meet Benite's need.
Make your best gift possible, and reap the rewards of helping to change the life of a child who has little power to change things on his own.Donate now!
For Canadian Donations
For All Other Donations
Together we can make a difference!
Report of Our Mission Trip
TOP of Haiti Mission Trip
HOME to Helping Children Around The World
The Julia Project
Julia & Founder, Jill Carty
Julia, our charity's namesake, and I, extend a warm welcome to you.
Sharing a common compassion and desire to help children has brought Julia and I together.
We invite you to have a look around, share your thoughts, and get involved with us.
We'd love to hear from you!
Please share your comments